Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oh, my aching ears

I had to drop by school after work for some more groupwork stupidness. This brings me right next to the mall. Since this godforsaken sub-artic wasteland of a city is finally starting to thaw out, I decided to drop by and get some slutty clothes so that I can hang my ass out a bit for the boys.

I stopped by Hollister, although who knows why. I don’t particularly like their clothes, nor do I ever see myself paying seventy bucks for a pair of sweatpants, but the outside of the store is cool. Lesson learned people: point of purchase optimization does work. The ditzy ‘my job is to stand by the door’ chick kindly reminded me to check out their shorts while I was there. What did you think I was doing there, bitch, looking for a new parka? You keep trying though, dear, maybe one day you’ll get promoted to the ditz who folds things.

What really got me though, was the song playing on the radio. It was a lameass pseudo-punk/emo/whatever-the-fuck-they-call-it-this-week, whiny bitch cover of Hey Jealousy by the Gin Blossoms. Now, I’ll admit, I did enjoy the Gin Blossoms for those two weeks that they were popular, back in the nineties. Did we really need a cover of this song? Or, more precisely, this cover of this song? It took me a few seconds to even realize that it was a cover. Further investigation reveals this little ditty to have been preformed by Hit The Lights – I have no clue who the fuck that is. Damn, I’m getting old.

I must admit, though, that I do have a huge weakness for punk covers. The point, though, should be to take something completely different, and punkify it. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes did a whole album of covers of showtunes! Now that’s entertaining. Reel Big Fish doing Take On Me. Not a punk cover, but Blues Traveler covering Gin and Juice is one of the most brilliant things that I’ve ever heard. I even have respect for that mess that Alanis Morrisette made of that dumbass Fergy tits song. At least she tried. It was a horrible, horrible trainwreck, but hey.

Another thing, I accidentally called my boss a little bitch today. Is that bad? He didn’t seem to mind, so hopefully I'll still have a job in the morning.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger