Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm such a reality TV geek!

All of these Big Brother commercials are getting me just a tad too excited, methinks.

I don't know what my obsession with Big Brother is. This was the first reality series I ever watched. The first season of Big Brother was the greatest thing ever. Completely not typical - the contestants were all decent people, who seemed to genuinely like each other. Really. Oh, Chicken George, one-legged dude, funky hair chick, you guys were the best reality TV cast ever! No season has even come close to that first one for me. But I still shiver in anticipation for every new season.

I also want to marry Kaysar - he got so robbed. Twice.

I was a very ardently anti-reality TV person for a very long time. I was very vocally and fervently anti-reality TV even long after I'd slipped deeply into its tender embraces. Oh yes, there were many, many justifications. "Well, yes, I watch The Mole too, but that's intellectual." (This statement applied to the first season only, far before it went celebrity and became one of the most ridiculous offerings out there. And so it went...now my sole refuge is that I don't watch Survivor. Even as I type, 1 vs. 100 is on in the background. But that one's OK...because it has Bob Saget in it.

See? I still can't accept the geekdom. Maybe one day. Is there a support group for this?

Hee hee...the commercial's on again. Makes me all tingly inside.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger