Monday, May 28, 2007

Yet another angry biker...

I got a bike last week. It made e very happy. I even updated my Facebook status to 'is very pleased with her new bike.' The very first day I had my shiny new bike, I got all hyped and did a big long ride down this park along the waterfront. All the time I've lived in Toronto, and the year and a half that I've been in this particular apartment, I've never been to this park, which is a mere 10 minute bike ride from my house.

I was so pumped to start biking to work every day. It's actually quicker to bike than to take the streetcar, half an hour versus 40 minutes on the TTC (barring, of course, giant rocks falling out of the sky, shootings, random street closures, construction and the barrage of other things that have manager to intersperse themselves between me and my place of employment recently). Then you get the added benefits of exercise and saving money. Well, what's not to love?

It's taken just 7 short days for me to become one of the angry ranty bike people. Biking in a city, as a mode of transportation, SUCKS big time. Granted, as I've said before, the TTC sucks worse, so one takes what one can get, I suppose.

The second day that I rode to work, I got harassed by a majorly over-testosteroned motorcycle cop for cutting up a one way street for half a block. At least I didn't get the threatened $110 ticket! And cabbies are the absolute worse. I think the next door opens out of nowhere and almost beans me I'm gonna kick a headlight in.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger